posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

Default Ranger 26 (Gary Mull design) owners or builders?

On Apr 19, 6:49 am, Todd wrote:

Actually, I haul her every year. My biggest problem is crud
accumulating in the drain holes during the period w/o the tarp on.
Todd

Hi:

If I remember right the cockpit drains openings are about 1" Max,
maybe 3/4" ID?

I say get that hole saw out and drill them over to 1 1/2" and put a
mushroom head hose barb throughhull as a drain. No standing water
problems then........ It would be all 1 1/2" then.

I had two 1 1/2" cockpit drains. I wanted to reduce the time it took
to empty my cockpit so I installed an adtioinal 2 1/4" ID drain. For a
while I was thinking to go cheep and just use a 2" ID ABS residential
shower drain. But went for the bronze through hull................
Bronze is a boys best friend.

Cheep boats are for practice and learning. Start learning how to
install through hulls! Next you can remodel the window openings and
install some macho ones.....
Bob