Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Video footage - USCG assists capsized catamaran in Gulf of Mexico

Wayne.B wrote:
http://www.nbc-2.com/Video/Xtras.sht...eoId=769701845

35 ft cat in route from Isla Mujeres to FL, 175 miles SW of Tampa

http://tinyurl.com/2vnm6o

I've had a "thing" about cats and beam seas for a long time - I just
don't think they are stable enough. Add in some sail area, gust of
wind and you can get knocked down pretty quickly.

That opinion is not built on personal experience - just a feeling
that I have based on experiences with under 30 foot power cats.

Hey - at least the water was warm.