Joe Joe is offline

Default Jim Manzari - Cruisers Snared in Australia

On Apr 16, 2:27 am, Peter Hendra wrote:

Most people that I have met and lived among in countries such as
China, the Middle East and South East Asia, as well as other places
couldn't care less about the right to vote. They merely want good
government and the opportunity to raise their families in peace and
prosperity, educate their children and so on.

I know many Chinese people now living and working in the USA.

After the 1989 Tiananmen square massacre not many in China dare to
freely speak of such things as voting for a leader.

Voter turn out in many
countries is seldom more than 70%.

Yeah what a shame. Iraq only had a 67% IIRC turnout, but hey, people
were still trying to kill them when they went to the polls.

snip
Democracy requires citizens who think and question.

Enough. This is far from cruising.

Agreeded.

Best Regards,
Joe