Mark

Default Rigging knife

"Steve" wrote in message
Every crew member should have a knife and if they arrive onboard without
one, have a few good ones, like mine that you can offer them. Then remind
them that they should get their own at the first opportunity.

Yikes; I'm still gettin' 'em to bring clean shoes!

I've got a collection of knives (including the WM SS), but rarely wear
one aboard now after permanently fixing a knife in sheath to the mast.
It's only a few steps away from anywhere on deck, and there's another
hanging on a lanyard inside the companionway. Best thing is they're
*always* there, big enough to do the job, don't catch on things,
require a belt, go overboard or get lost.