Tim Tim is offline

Default weed trimmer conversion to outboard mudmotor

jimhigh66 wrote:
Has anyone converted a 4-cycle weed trimmer to a "mud motor" ( I know its
been done a number of times with 2-cycles. )? Menards has a 27 CC 4-cycle
trimmer on sale and the Adv. claims "...more torque and power than a
2-cycle..." Jim H.

Jim, I'm leary of that claim. I have a 4 cycle weedeater,a nd it IS
heavier than a two stroke, it doesn't rev as fast, and it does have a
psuedo-crank case for oil, so the engine would pretty well have to be
in an upright position. 2 cycles you can run upside down . I can't
verify the claims as mor hp. and torque, though. I like running the
two cycle better simply out of weight.

I've thought of makeing one myself, Why? I don't know.....