Rich Stern

Default new Johnson outboards?

I have an opportunity to buy a 2003 Hurricane deck boat at what seems to be
a great price. However, it's equipped with a 140 hp 4-stroke Johnson. The
dealers I've talked to say the new Johnsons are lousy engines and that 140
hp isn't enough for a 2600 pound boat. Performance issues aside, is there
any reason to shy away from Johnsons? This boat has only 7 hours on it.

What's the max hp rating on the boat?

If it's propped correctly and you aren't after maximum speed, it can probably
work very nicely. Drive it with a handful of people aboard to be sure.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database