Messing In Boats Messing In Boats is offline

Default Mixing used oil with fuel in Cummins diesels

I just read a directive from Cummins stating it was OK to mix your
used oil up to 5% in your fuel in their non-electronic engines. This
is to dispose of the oil in an environmentally responsible fashion,
sincrease lubricity, save fuel and it's a convenient way to get rid of
it, especially while cruising. I have dual bypass oil filters, so I
figure the stuff should be pretty clean and then the BIG dual Racors
should filter out anything smaller that 2 microns. I analyze the oil
at every change so if aything weird is in there i know about it, Why
not?