Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default OT- Screwed... but we've talked it over before....

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:43:24 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:51:12 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

Good thought, but I have heard of people that were rather underwhelmed
by the appearance of the "plastic woods" after a few summer seasons.
You may not get the beating we take from the sun and weather....

We went with "Weatherbest Pacific Cedar" decking because it has a very
natural appearance. So far so good after 2 1/2 years, and we have sun
here in south Florida that is almost unbelievable.

The down side is that the stringers have to be on 16 inch centers
instead of 24.

http://www.lpcorp.com/deckingrailing...ngrailing.aspx

I am sold on the "plastic woods" also. We rebuilt the deck of the house
we
had in Florida with whatever brand the Home Depot carries. After almost 4
years, it still looked new. The area we lived in (Jupiter) was subjected
"black rain" due to the burning of the sugar cane fields in central
Florida.
Power washing the deck once a year kept it looking good.

Guy next door did his deck with that stuff three years ago - still
looks great, although there was a slight degradation in color for
about a year which was uneven, then next year that went away and it's
looks great now.

The only negative with the plastic composite is that it gets hot to walk on
in bare feet in the summer sun. A plus though, is that it doesn't get
slippery like a wood deck. Ours was located beside the pool, and the lack
of being slippery was nice.

We have been doing yearly maintenance on our house up here (MA) every year
and have slowly been replacing a lot of the trimwork boards that are close
to, or in contact with the ground with plastic composite. Lasts forever and
doesn't need regular painting.

Eisboch