Default The average boat owning idiot.

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Lauri Tarkkonen" wrote in message
In "Wilbur Hubbard"
writes:

wrote in message
Net loss of 270K. You pay 27 thousand dollars a year to use your
boat
a dozen or so weekends a year. Stupid, just plain stupid!

Think about it.

Wilbur Hubbard

Now Wilbur do the math if the idiot did not purchased a boat.
Show with concrete evidence what happened to the 270K that what not
spend buying and maintaining a boat.

If that sum wasn't spent on something else stupid and useless as far
as
investment is concerned it could be invested in something that would
give a reasonable return. Things like land, stocks, bonds, gold(in
the
last ten years), If you get a 10% return per anum your 270K will be
worth 540K in ten years. In twenty years it makes you a millionaire.
So
you trade millionaire status for the privilege of owning a 100K boat?

That's totally insane. . .

Wilbur Hubbard

I do not know what gives you the right to call someone with different
preferences than you an idiot.

Relax, Lauri. You have to know Capt. Neal to understand his tirades.

Max

Tirade? Since when is fact tirade? Since when has a valid point backed
up with figures about how people waste their money on boats become
trolling? Is this not a discussion group about boats? Is not discussing
if and how boats are a terrible waste of money not a valid discussion
point? From the looks of this group it seems to me such a discussion is
totally appropriate.

When people call it trolling, off topic, a tirade, perhaps it's because
they are jealous when they see a thread getting lots of traffic and they
feel badly because they aren't astute enough to initiate such a
discussion. "That's not fair, I'm not gonna play anymore," they whine.

Wilbur Hubbard