Tony Thomas

Default Sea Ray 2001 180BR Starting Problems

The boat has a Mercruiser engine in it (engine made by Chevy/GM). Should be
no issue in starting if done properly. If it has set for a long time it may
take a few turns to get fuel into the carb and system as it does have a
mechanical fuel pump and carb (not like fuel injection on your car). My
technique has always been to engage cold start, pump throttle 3 times to
full open and back, hold throttle at about 1/2 position and crank.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Rudy" wrote in message
om...
I test drove a Sea Ray 180BR I/O today. The person selling it had
trouble starting it. He said that this is a common problem with Sea
Rays and that the company had sent out a letter telling owners how to
start the engine. Is he trying to pull a fast one on me?