NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default Question about International Cruising such as Bahama's, Canada ..

After reading Roger "the old pirate lover" Long's posting that he is
planning on fogging [ oops, I meaning cruising ] to Canada and then also
reading another posting asking about going to the Bahama's .............

I got to thinking ???

I have never cruised outside of the USA. If you have, could you tell me/us
what and how all this works.

Specifically; what is the Flag thing all about? When/how do you and your
boat report to customs in the country you visit?

How much does it cost to visit the Bahama's? Canada? Does the USA also
charge when a boat from the Bahama's visits us? If not, why not.

How does this international cruising all work.