Joe

Default 20 foot Key Largo 2000CC, Which Motor, Yamaha 150 2 or 4 cycle, Help.

I got one person who suggested that the 4 cycle was too heavy and
would offset the balance of the boat. I check the Yamaha web site and
found that the 4 cycle has a extra year warranty, weighs only 40
pounds more, has a little increase in cubic Inch, 4 cycler instead of
V6 on the 2 cycle.
The other benefits are the whisper quiet operation, no oil to burn or
smell. I think the 4 cycle was the right choice, if that ever changes,
i will post a follow-up to this message. I won't have the boat until
after they show it ta the boat show in West Palm on the 19th of this
month.

Thanks for the feedback. Joe

(FishFan) wrote in message om...
Since you're looking for opinions, here's mine...

You didn't say whether the 2-stroke is a HPDI or not, but if not I'd
splurge for the 4-stroke. It might take a long while, but if you use
the boat alot it will eventually pay for itself in fuel and oil
savings. Even if it doesn't it will help with resale, and you get the
other advantages. I think Yamaha is your best bet in an engine choice
the plunge - especially if you're worried about acceleration or top
speed with the 4-stroke.

FishFan