Larry Larry is offline

Default Boat for FREE! HUGE house batteries, great liveaboard.

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

Yes, but at least he knew what it is. I have sent several people to
the pharmacists to buy it in the past - with understable mixed
reactions - I can run fast.

cheers
Peter

Back in the REAL Navy, we used to send newbies to Aft GSK for a fallopian
tube for the SPS-6 radar, complete with the supply requisition forms all
signed and filled out. The storekeepers, in cahoots of course, would cut
off a couple of feet of latex surgical hose and make him sign for it,
conclusively proving how stupid he was.

The puzzled newbie electronics technician striker would bring the tubing
back up to the shop, where the whole ET gang would be assembled, from the
Master Chief on down to the LAST sucker we pulled this on....giving him
an applause and a Coke for a job will done.

Unfortunately, after this trick on him, he was MUCH harder to convince he
was to stand the "Mail Bouy Midwatch" from midnight to 4AM, watching for
our mail bouy from the carrier to go by so we could snatch it....(c;

Seaman Apprentice are wonderful toys the Navy bought us to play with. I
even made some of them into great technicians, those that were
interested. If they screwed up, a week on BMC Wilson's deck force
painting crew made new men out of them. When they returned to my nice,
air conditioned electronics shop, they seemed much more appreciative of
our wonderful position in the crew pecking order of things....much more
appreciative. BMC Wilson had the smile of a true pirate when I delivered
a young ETSA for "instruction" in the finer details of running a chipping
hammer and spray gun.

You guys would have LOVED Chief Wilson. He was a master diver to clean
the hull and damned proud of it. He'd even dive into a sewer like
Naples, Italy's harbor! THAT takes a brave man!

Larry
--
Anybody here been a Navy Pollywog?