posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default General Pace is Right

* Nathan Branden wrote, On 3/14/2007 1:50 PM:
On 14 Mar 2007 12:20:08 -0500, Dave wrote:

Your ideology is blinding you, Jeff. He was criticizing the Dems for failing
to pass a bill requiring immediate withdrawal.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:56:09 -0400, Jeff said:

This is a total crook of ****. Are you actually claiming that a
majority of Democrats called for immediate withdrawal? No such claim
was made and you dishonor yourself by lying like this.

* Nathan Branden wrote, On 3/14/2007 10:18 AM:
General Pace of the United States Marine Corps is right for not
apologizing for giving his personal opinion. If anyone should be
apologizing it should be the Democrats. They promised to get us out of
Iraq. They control both Houses and all they have to do is pass a bill
requiring immediate withdrawal. It seems they are more interested in
getting re-elected than in the interests of the majority of Americans.
The Democrats lack the spine to take a real stand and one can plainly
see they will makes things much worse by half heartedly dragging their
feet. Note that the former Marine, Murtha, offers total commitment to
an action. He is not a wuss. Marines may differ in opinion, but they
will die for what they believe in.

Most of the time doing nothing is the worst thing. The Democrats
promise everything, are everything to everybody and then fail to
deliver. Bush has a plan, though it may be flawed, and sticks to it.
Apparently it is working as the troop surge shows:

http://www.kuna.net.kw/Home/Story.as...en&DSNO=961365

You are in a war to win. Any other expected outcome is absolute
nonsense and is a real waste ofprecious American lives. There is no
middle ground and I wish the Democrats would learn that, otherwise the
victory in their grasp will become the blood on their hands.

Nathan

So I gather you're in favor of immediately leaving and are criticizing
the Dems for not doing so. It seemed to me that most of the Dems
expressed hope that the President's plan would work.