posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Worked on the boat yesterday

"Nathan Branden" wrote in message
For me the season has started. I pulled the covers, opened the windows
and hatches and let her air out. It's remarkable that smells have such
a "memory effect". The smell of the stale air from the cabin brought
on the feelings that one gets when a new sailing season starts. I
found a missing tool or two, less water in the bilge than I expected
and one dead passenger, a mouse that couldn't get out.

The days are getting warmer and longer, the cabin fever is waning and
I just feel great! This weekend it's time to reflush the holding tank,
shock the water system, check for propane leaks and test fire the
stove. Remember to check the bulbs before putting the mast up. On the
next breeze free day I'm laying the sails out and checking for wear.
I'm going to drain out the antifreeze on the stands and not flush it
into the bay as some do.

Isn't there something magical about the start of a new season?

Nathan

Nathan you sound like a first class wuss . . .

Wilbur Hubbard