Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Keys Boat Works, or, Pirates of the Caribbean (well, close, anyway)

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 02:00:59 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

ps.. full discloser.. I don't owe a penny to anyone. No mortgage, no boat
loan, no car loan ,,, nothing.

No wonder you are always complaining about money or the lack there of.

You're not enjoying the power of leverage.

In article Ej9Bh.5873$5M1.2110@trndny01,
"NE Sailboat" wrote:

Try living debt free. It is an incredible feeling. I know, I had a
mortgage, car loan, personal loan, the you name it loan..

Then I started to just pay them off. One day; no more loans.

I took the money that was going to the loan and paid myself in investment
savings. Every month, just like the mortgage.

The next thing you know ... wow. Look at all that savings.

It really isn't hard. Just takes some discipline.

My parents lived during the depression as well. Got married in '35.

"Leverage" allows you to use something you can't afford -- as long as
your economic circumstances don't decline. Most I know who are depending
on that are working hard to stay ahead of the payments.

We, on the other hand, are comfortable on a single income from a company
that doesn't pay me what I'm worth, but gives me over 7 weeks' vacation
a year and helps me use it. Meanwhile, about 30% of that single income
is going into retirement investments. When a deer totaled the car, we
bought with cash. We have 6-12 months' cruising kitty in liquid funds,
and plan to use it the next time I'm "between jobs".

That, to me, is true wealth.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's NEW Pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/