posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Anchor Chain

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:00:04 -0500, Harry Harris wrote
(in article ):

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
What is the point of an anchor if it is not "anchored" to the boat? It
has
been my experience to snub the chain @ 10' from the bitter end with an
appropriate line or chain to the boat. Have you ever tried to add
chain to an
already tight bitter end?

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

On my boat I keep 100 ft in the chain locker and an additional 100' in the
bilge. I dont want all the weight in the bow. There are occasions when I
set
two hooks or just want more scope on a deep water anchorage. backing to a
quay..etc.

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

That's a great idea.... I was thinking about having (more) chain available
in case I need it, but don't want to use it most of the time. Right now, I
have about 20' of chain on the rode, which is sufficient for the bay. It
would be nice to add a length.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com