posted to alt.sailing.asa
Mundo Mundo is offline

Default Anchor Chain

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:01:57 -0500, Milton Waddams wrote
(in article ):

What is the best way to tie off the anchor chain in the chain locker?
Should it just be left free? I am reluctant to run a large bolt
throught the last link because I don't want it ripping through the
deck. It would be nice to have something easy to disengage rather than
something real permanent. Any suggestions? As always, thanks.

Milton

What is the point of an anchor if it is not "anchored" to the boat? It has
been my experience to snub the chain @ 10' from the bitter end with an
appropriate line or chain to the boat. Have you ever tried to add chain to an
already tight bitter end?

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass