posted to rec.boats.electronics
Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default LCD Monitor 240V - 12v

Trying to get inside and tinker with the power supply sounds like it is
probably going to be a lot more risky than it is worth.

It is strange though that you can hardly find an LCD display these days that
uses a wall wart. At one time they were all 12V. I just happened to luck
up on a surplus 17" industrial 2800 nit touch screen that runs on 12V. I
have squirreled it away to use on Rutu.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a LCD monitior to use onboard which runs on 240AC.
Is there a way to hard wire a 12dc (I'm assuming the internals use
12v) so that I don't required an inverter? The monitor is ASUS
pm17tu.
Cheers, Jim