Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Pactor modem

Units without an electronic serial number (manufactured before 2002) have
to be sent into a dealer or SCS for the upgrade. I believe that this costs
about $100.

-- Geoff

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in
:

Pactor III is about a $150 software upgrade. The new modems come with
it installed in demo mode that will give you just enough time to get
your mouth watering. I think when you order the upgrade they just
give you a key to unlock it. Be careful about buying used modems. I
understand some of the older IIe and all the II models can't handle
Pactor III unless they get a factory replacement of the BIOS.