Esox Lucius

Default Trailer Light Flasher Murdered by Screwed Up Tail Light?

"Budd Cochran" wrote in message

"Esox Lucius" wrote in message
"Budd Cochran" wrote in message
Is this one of those modules to convert a separate turn / brake lights
system (tow vehicle) to work a combined turn / brake trailer?

Yes, it is.

Oh boy. . . . .

I just bought three from J.C. Whitney ($10 each) and used one, like I

said,
on my utility trailer. I was going to use a second to give my Cushman
car-like turn / stop, but now I'm not sure. Going to independent turn

lamps
is just a matter of running a couple wires and use a couple inexpensive
beehive lens clearance lamps from an auto parts store.

That type of bulb damage is common for bulbs that receive thermal shocks,
like immersion, so might want to disconnect your lights before launching.
Age of the bulb is also a factor.

Another possibility is to go to LED style lights as they generate very
little heat. The module, if you keep it, should provide the proper flasher

HTH

Budd

Yeah...I'm thinking of going the LED route. I've found some online whose
insides are completely potted - encased in a poured-in epoxy. That should do
the trick.