posted to rec.boats.electronics
Chuck Tribolet Chuck Tribolet is offline

Default another question on bulbs

LEDs have the advantage of coming on NOW, rather than a tenth of as second or more
later like incandescents. Some cars have an LED third brake light and incandescent left
and right brake lights. The difference is quite apparent.

Why is this important? At 70 MPH, the guy behind you covers 10.2 feet in that 10th of
a second. On my mid-sized SUV, that's the difference between my back bumper and where
my knees are.

"nimbusgb" wrote in message oups.com...

Does any of that make sense?
Old Chief Lynn

Certainly fitting a low power, very expensive LED 'bulb' to a vehicle
and then having to fit an additional load to make it draw the same
current as a normal bulb so that the flasher relay still works strikes
me as complete lunacy and the reserve of misguided fashionistas with
more cents than sense!