posted to rec.boats.electronics
Lynn Coffelt Lynn Coffelt is offline

Default another question on bulbs

"rb" wrote in message
In general, the LED bulbs which replace common filament bulbs, give approx
twice the light, run cooler, and are supposed to last 10 times longer than
their filament counterpart.

My impression is that the resistor is in series, so that would probably
serve to limit or reduce current draw.

I finally got my answer, though. Found some on Ebay and they say they're
direct plugin. So, if any resistor or whatever is required, it's internal
to these 1156 replacements: 280074315883

Yes, you are correct about the resistor in the application you are talking
about.

I think the external resistor pack business applies to using the LED version
as a
REPLACEMENT for an 1156 where current draw must be higher than the LED
version draws and similar to the original. (as in an auto turn signal
application)

Sort of a silly application that would be, I'd think, but no one asked my
opinion.

grin
Old Chief Lynn