posted to rec.boats.electronics
Matt Colie Matt Colie is offline

Default another question on bulbs

RB,

If it calls itself an 1156* bulb, it better be an 1156 (meaning it fits
that base and produces 36 candle power on a 13.5v source).

You can probably find a socket at any autoparts store, but you most
likely will have to solder a ground on the base. Most places these
sockets are used, they get pressed into a steel reflector.

Matt
--
target of diversity
victim of affirmative action

rb wrote:
You guys did great on the bulb charts for me. Thanks. Now, new question:

Can I direct substitute a 1156R LED with a filament type 1156 bulb? Some
sources speak to a resistor between the bulb socket and the LED. But, I'm
wondering if the resistor is built into the 1156R LED, since it obviously
plugs into the same socket the 1156 filament type bulb does.

Where's a good place to find an inexpensive socket for the 1156 bulbs?