posted to rec.boats.building
Kiyu Kiyu is offline

Default Boat Plans

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:09:51 -0600, wrote:

I would like to get started in building boats.
Could someone suggest a book of plans that would be good for a beginner
builder?

I am looking for plans for a hydroplane for now with ideas on going with
other styles later.

I have tried a couple of items off ebay, just poorly scanned old
magazine articles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Bob

Bob,

You may have been seeing ripoffs from this site:
http://www.svensons.com/boat/
Many of the designs are over 60 years old but for the home builder
some are quite good. Methods of construction generally have changed
but for a higher speed boat screwing and glueing as are done in the
plans in this site are the least I would dare to do.
It would be well worth your time downloading the plans at this site
and studying them. While the scanned images are from magazines they
are plenty good enough to build a boat, as many have been.
Kiyu