posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Flexible solar panels?

As the person who has had the warranty problem with Solara AG, I can
assure you that I've done everything possible to communicate with the
company. I have dozens of e-mails to them. The problem is that they
just stopped answering my e-mail. I was having a very good exchange
with their export manager until he just stopped replying. Once I posted
my problems with Solara AG on the Internet they decided to re-open the
conversation.

Please also note that it wasn't just me that they were ignoring. They
were ignoring the US distributor and the dealer who sold it to me. I
will also state that I e-mailed their general info address and the
president and received no response. My phone calls to the export
manager weren't returned. There is no customer service number and
whoever answers their general number only speaks German, which is
definately limiting.

I will also state that others appear to be having the same failure that
I'm having. Just this morning I heard from a cruiser in Turkey whose
panels appear to have the same failure mode.

All of this is probably moot as I don't believe that anyone carries
Solara panels in the US any more. The USD/Euro ratio has made their
panels way too expensive.

-- Geoff

"plano" wrote in
:

Solara, Hamburg, Germany. The only one I could find.
Excellent product. Highly efficient panels. I've got 3 x 40W, rather
expensive but worth it I think. They had a bit of bad press here
because of a warranty problem, but that may have been due to a
communication problem. A direct phone call to their customer services
dept. might have helped. Plano

"Jim Conlin" wrote in message
... Please identify
makers and vendors for flexible solar panels suitable for a curved
boat deck.

Yes, i know they're less efficient.