Larry Larry is offline

Default locker door latches

Evan Gatehouse2 wrote in news:45a1f1ba$1_1
@news.cybersurf.net:

no need to push finger through hole and bend finger to open.

I've always liked those latches inside the doors because there is no way
for me to trigger them banging around trying to make my way when it's rough
and no way to snag my clothes or appendages of harness/sospenders I'm
wearing as I waggle by.

If it had even a recessed push button, something sticking out from me would
be sure to trigger a door opening and the ensuing unload during the next
wave cycle when the sea banged me into that door.

The secret is to make the HOLE a little bigger than "stock". The hole
drillers at the factory must be some really skinny people with piano-player
fingers, not the fat, calloused fingers of real sailors I know. I can hook
the fat finger to trigger the catch...IF I can get the finger...in its
glove, thank you...through the damned little hole in the first place....

Hole saw - Harbor Freight - $4.99....don't forget to measure it with your
gloves on!

Are you listening Endeavour Factory?!

Pinky fingers were NOT made to trigger latches at sea!

Most of the time "pretty" isn't "practical" in a boat.....dammit.