Razzbar Razzbar is offline

Default (Ken Barnes) "Perfect storm"?

Roger Long wrote:
Razzbar wrote:
The media has been saying it was a "perfect storm" that Ken sailed

You believe, or even pay any attention to, what "the media" says about an
event like this? Where have you been?

I look at "the media" as a resource that is neither all right or all
wrong. Do you believe -any- of this story? I'm just trying to get more
information from better informed people, is all.

Saying "perfect storm" sells papers and web clicks.

Indeed. But then again, that's why I asked. Is it not impossible that
there might have been some extreme weather event going on here? It
whetted my curiosity regarding the weather systems at play in that part
of the world. Of course I suspected hype, but then again, maybe there
were some spectacular satellite images.

By his own account, the conditions were actually about as good as you can
hope for in that part of the world when the weather isn't fair.

Thanks -- that was useful. I'll puzzle over what you mean by that...
being as good as you can hope for when it isn't 'fair' (?)... That
would be "fair", correct?

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

.... alas, no perfect storm.