posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] wizzo@mail.pf is offline

Default cheap radar signal generators

Hello there,

I got thru friends some FURUNO ships radar (scanner units : model 1720,
type RSB 0067, type RSB 0055 ,serial 303-1670, a model FR 305DA) &
KODEN GS 930 & MRT 119.
I want to use them as easy 10Ghz microwaves transmitters.... for
homemade radar detectors improvement (don't want to go to the docks &
finding radars signals to improve my kits)
But I do not know how to connect them the way I need, having the
antenna turning is piece of cake, but, for transmission mode, I
suppose these units would need much more volts & amps to drive their
magnetrons
The KODEN scanners show some basics label: +12,+5,+35V,+5~35V , FURUNO
show no info...
So, I understand the trick is to feed some +12 & +35V to the right
connectors to have my microwaves Xmitter, I am right ?

Thank you.

Patrick