posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Dave Royal Dave Royal is offline

Default GibSea 33 (Cross posting)

Jan wrote:
I am looking at Gibsea 33, built 2000-2002, as a "retirement boat".

snip

This thread is cross-posted to rec.boats.cruising and uk.rec.sailing
I notice that there is one (useful) reply that was made only to
rec.boats.cruising - which is not a group I usually read.

While generally a bad idea I think the cross-posted question was
justified in this case - or I wouldn't have answered. But it would be
helpful if any OP doing this set follow-ups to only one group - that way
anybody who's interested can find all the replies in one place.

It is also helpful to say in the original post where the follow-ups go.

Some people never reply to cross-posts, or only reply to ones where
follow-ups are set, or where they normally read all the groups. So
cross-posting may reduce rather than increase the number of (useful)