posted to rec.boats.building
NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default New Found Metals replacement port-lites question

Old cruising sailboat. Original port-lites. So, I was looking around the
net and I came across the site for New Found Metals replacement portlites.
Wow... they look really neat. Would be a big improvement to my boat if they
are as advertised.

But, as many times as I read the site .. I could not quite figure out how
they work with the old portlite rough opening.

If I have it right ??? Big if .. The New Found Metals portlites have
large frames so there is some give or take about the rough opening size.

Kinda like a replacement window for the house.

Do I have this right? Any of you with old sailboats used this company and
replaced your portlites. My boat, the main cabin port-lites don't open. It
would be sooo sweet to have opening ports.

Thanks for the info.

Happy New Year