Harry Krause

Default OT OT OT OT OT OT OT

JohnH wrote:

FWIW, I have posted the following more than once and received not one reply. I
suppose all the smart guys are caught up in politics.
__________
My 5.7L Mercruiser sterndrive has seen seven seasons and 350 hours, all in the
Chesapeake Bay. About 3 years ago I removed the exhaust manifolds and risers,
had them burned and magna-fluxed (no problems) and returned them to service. I'm
thinking that I may need to be pre-emptive here. The end of this season may be a
good time to replace them.

Questions. Are any brands better than others in terms of holding up to salt
water? Some are advertized as 'ceramic lined'. Is this a big advantage? Are
stainless steel manifolds and risers worth the increased cost? Where would be a
good place to order parts from?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I remain, respectfully,

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

You are close to the end of the usual life of manifolds used in salt
water. BOAT/US sells manifolds. Unless you are planning to keep the boat
another seven seasons, why worry about anything other than standard
pieces and parts?

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.