posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] roundturn@hotmail.com is offline

Default Thinning Epoxy

I used to work in a paint locker for the coast guard I remember we used
to use a MOPOXY thinner for the 2 part mare island paints, Amron PSX
paints had their own thinners, The 235 series had the T-10 thinners.
There was pretty much a thinner assigned to each paint series there
should be one designated for the paint system that you are using.

Marty

www.knotstuff.com
Glenn Ashmore wrote:
A small amount of acetone will work but it does change the strength and
porosity of the epoxy. A better idea would be to heat the cracks and epoxy
with a hair dryer. That will make the resin a lot less viscous without
effecting the cured properties.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"James" wrote in message
A while back someone mentioned that you could thin epoxy with acetone.
I need to pour some into some cracks.I'm using System 3 epoxy. Thanks,
Jim