Bob Bob is offline

Default Iridium phones

Wayne.B wrote:
On 21 Dec 2006 00:13:34 -0800, "Mark R."
wrote:

If your thought is that you would call someone if you got in trouble,
the nearest help to you is going to be contacted by radio no by a phone
call.

Yes but if you just want to find out how much SeaTow is going to
charge to pull you in from 60 miles out, it might be ideal. :-)

Good morning,

Alaska and south bound most people give ya tow cause its the right
thing to do.Seems I think the ColRegs say something about that
someplace. Besides the USCG last I heard still give free tows off the
AK WA OR coast. But I think the coasties around here stil have a search
and rescue component to their mission.
But I think that is on theway out too. Has any one looked at their
fleet budget and the type of boats the USCG are building now??? Say
good by to the doubleended 44' lifeboat turned 47" aluminum speed boat
search and rescue mentality. Its now full on 400'+ cutter time.