Bob Bob is offline

Default Dreaming and the basics of how to start

NE Sailboat wrote:
So how are all thoes "writer and sailing experts" in the sailing
magazines who have "zillions of miles under their keel" and did
everything and are experts in all things that float going to live after
they are too old to work? I am assuming they did not bank much in 40
years of sailing and writing 500 word articles for $200 each.

Any clues?
================================================== ===================================

Hi NE Sailboat
Are you living to die or dying to LIVE?

I think you need to read another Lats $ Atts issue. Close quote but
missed it. Get it right.

Those writers who have spent 40
years traveling all over the world and writing $200 dollar articles about
their adventures may not have much money, they might end up poor, homeless,
who knows.

In the united states they'll end up on welfair with you paying their ER
visits cause they dont have any insurance. How many marinas have
wheelchair acess?

But, when their epitath is written, when their last cruise has
ended, they will go to their maker knowing that the trip here on earth was a
great ride.

gag me with a spoon! Im sitting in my motel room again cause I have fix
a window and sort through 40 years of my mom's stuff who died in
september. You want to know somthing, when yore dead your dead. Most
likly you'll just beanother unknown face on an old photo.

Rather than mock them,

MOck them.......... nope. Just not willing to cannonize somebody
selfish enough to play their life away and tthen???? But the other
poster had it right no doubt, children of well of parents.

I think of them as my hero's. I read of their
successes and of their failures. The storms they endured. The good times.
And sometimes the bad.

I certainly wouldnot use the word hero. So they did inteesting things
and now need to turn to others to pay for the decads of interesting
articals. Sounds fun. I have a friend who did the same. NOw that he is
55, no health insurance, no retirment, rented all his life. Now that
life is catching up he is truely scared.

Sure, they could have stayed put, worked at a job,
never set out for who knows where. But some urge, something within them,
sent them out onto the ocean. They ventured forth in small boats. Would we
be a better lot if not for the likes of Captain Joshua Slocum?

He worked for a living. Check out his bio.

Robert Service, the poet put it best.

There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;

But when your body does not alow that then what? Die young and leave a
good looking corps?
My dead mom thoght she would justsit in her garden, sip Merlot, and
bliss out to the next world. In reallity death is most likly
agonizingly prolonged. There are a few interesting stats regarding
hospis care and having a family member who will take care of you. I
suppose you can always OD in the cockpit and hope to die of hypothermia
and drugs.

Im thinking you want to live the dream and can not. But this is best
suited for another thread.
Happy Chrismaka