posted to rec.boats.building
den den is offline

Default transom replacement on an inflatable

Jack Rogers wrote:
In article ,

No such luck--the wood is really mush extending all the way back into
the slot where it connects to the rubber boot.
thx--jack

Den wrote....
It looks like you are in the market for a sheet of marine ply. Maybe
use several sheets laminated together with repoxy. I used black 3M 5200
to stick a transom together. (to the tubes). The transom had separated
from the tubes, and the bottom. Really difficult to clamp, and jig for
the 4 day cure time. I did it in several steps. Unfortunately a renter
ran over the starboard aft chamber and popped it, so I gave up, and
never got it in the water. When I rolled it up, it seemed to still be
holding.