Mickey

Default ??? about plug wires on Evinrude outboard

If you're on the West coast go to www.boatingsolutions.com they helped me
out with my 1986 100 hp Johnson. I had problems with my CDI units and
replacing them worked fine for me but my motor would idle ok but not pick up
rpm's on the water. Now it doesn't over 5000 rpm and tops out at 37 on my
little Thunderbird tri-hull.

good luck
Mick

wrote in message
Hi,

I have a 1979 Evinrude 115 outboard. Recently it started
running very badly (often stalling out) at low rpms. So I
changed the plugs, and that didn't help at all. Someone
suggested I change the plug wires, but there turns out to
be more to it than that...each plug wire appears to be
permanently attached to what looks like a coil of some
kind. Two of them are joined together by 2 smaller wires
--one end of each is attached to a coil, and the other
end of both are attached to the same connecting plug.
There are four spark plugs, and two pairs of the coils.
Can anyone explain something about the setup, what
the parts I'm looking for are called, an economical place
to get them, etc?

Thank you for any help!
David