Howard Howard is offline

Default Canadian east coast chart books?

Roger,

I sailed from Shelbourne to Sydney in 2005 and then from Sydney to St.
Pierre and back in 2006. I did some extensive looking to find
alternatives to a huge roll of charts and found none.

As far as I know NDI (digitalocean) still has the exclusive rights to
distribute CHS charts, and charges accordingly.

Also, in the event you buy older electronic charts, be aware that the
chart areas change from issue to issue. That is to say that my
electronic charts of Nova Scotia that I got with the boat do not cover
the same area as the now available charts - even though the part number
is the same. I found it quite confusing.

The best resource I have found is the Binnacle.

There are a couple of cruising guides available and I found them to be
worthwhile.
http://www.puffin-press.com/ = Cruising Guide to the Nova Scotia Coast

There is another one that I can look up if you are interested.

Howard

Roger Long wrote:
Is there a product equivelent to the Maptech chart books for Canadian
waters? If so, it isn't something I can turn up quickly with Google.
I'd like not to have a huge $500 roll of Canadian charts on board for a
possible cruise to Nova Scotia next summer and am hoping our friends up
north have an alternative.

Anyone know if Maptech has any plans to extend their product line into
Canadian waters?