Dave Skolnick

Default Vehicle for Towing boat

RGrew176 wrote:
Keep in mind that Ford's engine manufacturing tolerances are measures in
feet, instead of thousandths of an inch, like Toyota's. So, even if Ford's
reliability ratings are close to Toyota's, the Ford will be puking burnt

oil
out of the tailpipe from the minute it's driven away from the dealer's

lot.

Chevy & Chrysler aren't far behind.

Something must be terribly wrong with my old 89 F-150 with the 5.0 (302)
engine. 294000 miles and still not burning a drop of oil. It has been used as a
tow vehicle too.

'00 F250SD Ext Cab w/ V10 & 5 spd. Tow, push a snow plow, overload the
bed fairly regularly. Doesn't burn oil at around 50k miles.

The '90 Ranger w/ V6 didn't burn oil at 120k miles when I replaced it
with the F250. It got punished pretty badly also.

Ford has their share of troubles (I bought stock right BEFORE the
Firestone tire debacle and the Explorer roll-overs sigh) but I think
you are off base on the oil-burning characterization.

dave

--
-----
news_bucket e-mail address goes to a blackhole. Sorry. Send e-mail to