posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Martin Schöön Martin Schöön is offline

Default Thinning Epoxy

"Glenn Ashmore" writes:

"James" wrote in message
A while back someone mentioned that you could thin epoxy with acetone.
I need to pour some into some cracks.I'm using System 3 epoxy. Thanks,
Jim

I would suggest you try heating the epoxy. Its viscosity
is very temperature dependent. Be careful not to overheat
the epoxy, no smoke! :-)

Use a heat gun and heat up the area you are treating. Air
in the cracks will expand and bubble up through the epoxy
and the when things cool the epoxy will be sucked into
the cracks.

--
Martin Schöön "Problems worthy of attack
show their worth by hitting back."