posted to alt.sailing.asa,alt.sailing,ott.rec.sailing
katy katy is offline

Default Need O'Day 31 Line Diameters & Owner's Manual

BFan wrote:
Apparently my news server has missed many of the posts in reply to my
original question. Although I now am able to read posts from Dec 7 and Dec
8, my server still does not show any posts to this thread prior to that
(except Ringmaster's criticism on Dec 5!). I want to thank those of you who
responded, even though I have not seen your posts.

As a matter of fact, I did find a source for the owner's manual (D&R Marine
Supply in Masachusetts). One of the owners is a former employee of O'Day
and is very knowledgable about O'Day construction.

On the whole, my experience as a new sailor is that almost everyone has been
very cordial and helpful. Ringmaster, I do appreciate the fact that you
responded to my original question. Had I seen your response I would have
thanked you. You assume that I am some newbie who knows nothing about
boating or technology (newsgroups). Well, I may be a new sailor, but I an
certainly not a tech newbie. I provide critical computer programming and
support for a fortune 500 company.

I have monitored this newsgroup for some time now, and I have seen a lot of
helpful, informative and amusing discussion taking place. The one striking
thing that I noticed, though, is the insults and name-calling that take
place here. When I saw Ringmasters insult, I was not going to accept it
without comment. Normally I just ignore name-callers and trolls, but this
time I had enough.

Sorry if I took the newsgroup in the wrong direction, but foul insults from
people like Ringmaster do not belong in a newsgroup like this.

You just have to have a thick skin to stay around here...if you ignore
the noise, there are some great people here with good advice.