posted to rec.boats.building
Bob Bob is offline

Default Aluminum: Corrosion Protection with Epoxy?

wrote:
I'm about to install a new aluminum diesel fuel tank. I've also got
gallons of epoxy... "humm maybe I could coat the [outside
Mike Worrall

Do Al fuel tanks make holes from the inside out or from the outside in?

If follow "best practices" to install I think the more pressing problme
is keeping the inards from rustin through to the outside. In other
words, look around your marina. See any Al boats without paint? See any
bare Al masts? Hum, I wonder why the USCG 47' life boats are bare above
the WL?

I have to agree wit the other poster. Might start a hole nother set of
problems by slapping on epoxy. My vote.............. go Brazilian
(.) (.)

Bob