posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] mike.e.worrall@abc.com is offline

Default Aluminum: Corrosion Protection with Epoxy?

I'm about to install a new aluminum diesel fuel tank. I've also got
gallons of epoxy... "humm maybe I could coat the [outside ] of the
tank with a coat or two of epoxy to inhibit future corrosion
possibilities...?"

Is there any value to this logic or - like stainless steel - does
aluminum require the presence and circulation of air for corrosion
protection? that is, would coating the tank with epoxy actually
*inhibit* corrosion protection...?

If epoxy coating does make sense, does the aluminum require any
preparation?

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles