CaptMP

Default Timing Volvo Penta 4.3 - Need "Special Tool"?

Terry Haywood .said:.........
It's just a cable-can I make one myself or buy one at a car parts store? I am
guessing there is nothing special about this distributor and it's the same
thing GM put in cars. My problem is I don't know what to ask for (can't ask for
a Volvo boat engine special tool at a car parts store). .."

Terry- for sure NAPA auto parts stores can cross reference at least some
marine/auto parts, I've done it. Start with the year (remember due to a lower
volume of finished units many boat engines might be a year or two older than
the hull, i.e. was sitting in a warehouse) and cubic inch and whether fuel
injected or carb, etc.
NEVER NEVER use auto electrical (starter, etc) or fuel (carb, fuel pumps etc)
parts in a marine application due to fire/explosion concerns.
Good luck
Mike