John H

Default Beautiful Bay Day!

Left Deale about 7:15, traveled to the outer limits of Herring Bay and dropped
the lines in the water. Oldfart and Gimp were along to provide direction and
advice, so I knew we'd have a great day. The sky was overcast, temp a little on
the cool side, wind bringing the waves up to almost a foot. What more could one
want?

Well, how about some fish! That would have been nice. We spent about an hour in
Herring Bay, then took off for the Navy Research Center radar towers. Drifted
there for about an hour, with OldFart telling us all hell would break loose
about 11 o'clock. Well, sure enough. As the magic time drew near my rod bent
double. I knew I had a 20" croaker on the hook, but OldFart wouldn't let me get
to my line. He was doing something with the chum! By the time I got there that
21" croaker was gone, along with my shrimp. And then, within the next 15 minutes
he catches two croakers, both in the 15" range. Then Gimp catches another
croaker, this one a little over 15". All of these were caught on shrimp from the
oriental place, the kind with the heads still on. These seemed to work best last
year.

That was it. We messed around for another few hours, with nary a nibble. But,
the day was great!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!