Dan Krueger

Default Where can I find Sea Ray specs?

Your van is rated for 3500# with the trailer package. The motor is about 350# -
I really doubt that is included in the dry weight in the spec sheets. The
trailer is probably close at 500#. Add 6# per gallon for fuel (120#) and
another 200# for "stuff" and you will probably arrive at number close to 2800#.

Looks safe to me.

Dan

Denis Roy wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions. It never occurred to me to try Searay.com.
Duh!
They give dry weight of just over 1500 lbs. Although the 100 hp "searay"
motor is in the spec sheet, they don't say if that weight includes it. I
estimate the trailer to be another 500 lbs.

--
Denis Roy
D. Roy Woodcraft
"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message

Denis,
Try he

http://www.searay.com/index.asp?disp...&folder2 =26%
20feet%20and%20below

Paul

"Denis Roy" wrote in message

I bought a 1988 Sea Ray Seville. It's supposedly 17 foot but measuring

down

one side, following the curve, I get 18 feet. I really need to know the
weight of this unit, with its factory installed 100 HP outboard, to know

if

it's within the towing limits of my Venture van. I have been unable to

find

this info on the net.
Anyone have any suggestions on where to get this info, other than

stopping

at a roadside weigh scale and unhitching it on the scale?

--
Denis Roy
D. Roy Woodcraft