posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] kentobin@newsguy.com is offline

Default Temperature Analog to Digital, NMEA 2000

if you consider putting in an analog gauge a surveyor I know swears by
these Murphy Gauges. They have a mechanical switch built in to the
gauge which are set for an upper and lower temp limit when they make
contact. kind of pricey.

http://www.fwmurphy.com/products/temperature/index.htm

Our heavy-duty mechanical Swichgage® and Murphygage® temperature instruments featu

* Rugged industrial rated diaphragm movement
* Tough PVC-armored capillary
* Plated steel case
* Polycarbonate lens
* Stainless steel bezel

The products are available in 2, 2.5 and 4.5 inches (51, 64, and 114 mm). The 4.5-inch version also features a dial
mechanical/analog readout and adjustable high and low limit contacts.

Our “A-series” products include environmental sealing to keep out damaging condensation.

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:19:29 +0100, "Salvador Ferrairo" wrote:

look at this

http://www.emminet.com/albatross/pdf...93c106 59a489

escribió en el mensaje
roups.com...
Hi,
I got a Yanmar engine (3YM30). I only have an "overheating" signal
but would like to get a temperature gauge installed. I have a C-80
Raymarine on my boat with supposedly can display temperature data when
transmitted in NMEA-2000 format. So it should theoretically be possible
to display engine data on my C-80. The trick I suppose would be to
somehow convert the analog temperature gauge data into a digital signal
and encode in NMEA 2000.. so my question is this:

1) Do you know of anybody who makes such a device?
2) Any generic parts that could be coaxed to do this?
3) Installing an analog gauge would be a lot easier?

Thanks
Ax