posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt b393capt is offline

Default RayTech RNS 6.0 Best in Show --- I am confused.

"RayTech RNS 6.0 Navigation Software has been honored with the Best in
Show Award 2006 from the National Marine Electronics Association
(NMEA)." - Raymarine Web Site.

"Raymarine's RayTech RNS 6.0 Navigation Software offers boaters the
most comprehensive set of navigation software tools available today."
- Raymarine Web Site.

Most comprehensive set of navigation software tools available today -
Huh?

I use 6.0 in combination with my E-80. It's not bad, but award winning,
no, can't be. Maybe I am too spoiled with how easy it is to build and
play with routes and waypoints in my 2005 version of Garmin's MapSource
product line, that I believe that any product missing similiar
functionality is far from begin a "comprehensive set of navigation
software tools". Also RayTech RNS 6.0 does not allow you to import
tracks from your E-80. It is also very difficult to move routes and
waypoints between the two products via the memory card, and it's also a
pain in the neck to bring the cartography home with me so I can do
pre-planning on my home PC and bring the waypoints/routes back to my
E-80.

I hope Raymarine does not let this award go to their head, there is a
lot of things that they can do much better with RNS 6.0