posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] nospam@junk.worldwidewiley.com is offline

Default Temperature Analog to Digital, NMEA 2000

On 13 Nov 2006 16:05:29 -0800, wrote:

Hi,
I got a Yanmar engine (3YM30). I only have an "overheating" signal
but would like to get a temperature gauge installed. I have a C-80
Raymarine on my boat with supposedly can display temperature data when
transmitted in NMEA-2000 format. So it should theoretically be possible
to display engine data on my C-80. The trick I suppose would be to
somehow convert the analog temperature gauge data into a digital signal
and encode in NMEA 2000.. so my question is this:

1) Do you know of anybody who makes such a device?
2) Any generic parts that could be coaxed to do this?
3) Installing an analog gauge would be a lot easier?

Thanks
Ax

CruzPro makes an NMEA0183 version. Perhaps a 0183-2000 converter is
available?

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at
http://www.worldwidewiley.com/