posted to rec.boats.electronics
Alec Alec is offline

Default Temperature Analog to Digital, NMEA 2000

The usual problem with overheating is lack of cooling seawater due to a
blockage.

A better protection is a water flow detector which shows that the water is
flowing and usually gives an earlier indication of impending failure which
allows the engine to be shut down before overheating occurs.

Alec

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I got a Yanmar engine (3YM30). I only have an "overheating" signal
but would like to get a temperature gauge installed. I have a C-80
Raymarine on my boat with supposedly can display temperature data when
transmitted in NMEA-2000 format. So it should theoretically be possible
to display engine data on my C-80. The trick I suppose would be to
somehow convert the analog temperature gauge data into a digital signal
and encode in NMEA 2000.. so my question is this:

1) Do you know of anybody who makes such a device?
2) Any generic parts that could be coaxed to do this?
3) Installing an analog gauge would be a lot easier?

Thanks
Ax